Total Pageviews

Monday 3 August 2020

2nd August 2020 - Lodge Farm Fishery (Top Pond)

Match day 10 of 18 and today we were back to Lodge Farm to fish the Top Pond again

We decided to fish a different part of the lake to the previous visit with me on peg 44 and Dad on peg 45

The sun was out, spirits were high and a good match was predicted

The match was unbelievable in a strange way...
The first 4 hours were abysmal. I struggled along catching fairly small stuff to sit on about 21 lb, Dad was way back after struggling even more. He sat on less than 10 lb

The last 2 hours 45 minutes was a completely different story...

Dad decided to fish corn in the margin and immediately hooked into a big Carp, he landed it and then a few minutes hooked another, but after a fight, lost it. I on the other hand was still netting smaller fish. Dad then hooked another big one but again lost it, snapped this time. I was panicking and switched to his tactic of corn in the margin. 2 minutes later I indeed caught a decent carp. Over on Dads peg, he landed another big one but again almost straight afterwards i did too. 

An unbelievable end to the match saw us both catch 2 big carp but unlike Dad who pretty much stopped catching, I continued to the end to win the match

I finished on 48 lb for 14 fish
Dad finished on 27 lb 1 for 9 fish
Dad got the biggest fish with an 8 lb 8 oz carp being landed

So i won 4-1 to extend my season lead to 14 points

No comments:

Post a Comment