Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 August 2020

15th August 2020 - Elm Tree Fishery

 Match day 11 had arrived and with a 14 point lead I had nothing to fear.

It has been a strange season. The delayed start due to Lockdown, the fact nowhere has been fishing as well as usual and the bizzare ever changing weather all contributing to it

Today's match was at Elm Tree Fishery and having fished it a few times I knew what to expect.. We would catch all day but nothing over 3 lb. Would I be correct today??

We got to the fishery to find 18 pegs already taken by early starting Anglers, however the area we wanted to fish was still free so I got peg 23 with Big T on peg 22

Id like to now go on and write a long blog of how well we did, catching numerous fish but... once again I cannot. It was another struggle like so often this season

Big T did awful, only managing to bag 4 small fish for a total weight of 8 lb 15 oz. He did, however have a little fright when mid way through the match a grass snake swam towards him and up onto the bank.....first time he has seen one in all his years angling. 

No snakes for me, but I faired better in the match, finishing with 32 lb 8 oz for 13 fish but tbh it was hard work

I'm not sure why the fish are not feeding as much this season but looking online its a common pattern up and down the country.. Its just a poor season

We still have fun though and Its good to get out in the fresh air

Even better when you get a 5-0 win like I did today :-)

My lead is now 19 points with 7 matches to go. Id say I cant throw it away but I did exactly that last season so until I cannot be caught its not over..

Match 12 is at Monk Fryston on 22nd August...


No comments:

Post a Comment