Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 August 2020

5th Sep 2020 - Grange Farm Fishery - Monk Fryston

So, after 4 wins on the trot, my confidence was high. I went into todays match with a 19 point lead and with matches running out. 

I wasn't taking anything for granted though as Big T won last years title by overturning a huge lead so it wasn't over yet. But... a big win today would give me a huge lead...

Today, we fished Monk Fryston, but at the far end this time. The weather forcast was for rain, sun and wind so the pegs we chose were quite sheltered therefore removing any issues about the forcast wind...

The match was an 8 hour match (as we arrived very early to ensure we got on a good area of the lake).

The match started off ok for me, with a decent Bream first cast but almost straight away two guys came and fished where I was casting which forced me to fish only infront of the peg therefore limiting my chances. Big T on the peg to my right struggled. Even though he had two corners to fish to, including Lillies, nothing was biting for him in these early stages.

By Lunchtime, 5 hours later we were both having a shocker. This has become a regular thing during this strange season. No one was catching on the lake so my 3 Bream and a Roach maybe wasnt as bad as I first thought. Dad had only one tiddler in his net

The first two hours after lunch picked up slightly with 3 bream gracing my net and Big T netting two of his own, all be it small ones

We entered the last hour of the match with Dad back on 4 lb 2 oz and Me sat on about 10 lb.

The last hour was crazy.... well ... for me it was. The 2 lads opposite packed up so i could sling the small method to my left. I did that and reverted to hard pellets as my hook bait. BOOM what an hour...

With Dad blanking in the last hour, I netted 3 Bream and 3 Common Carp to win the match

I finished on 22 lb 10 oz for 13 fish, Big T on 4 lb 2 oz for 3 fish. My 4 lb 14 oz Common was biggest of the day and meant I won todays match 5.0

My lead is now 24 points as we enter a mid season break.




No comments:

Post a Comment