Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 July 2020

25th July 2020 - Morndyke Farm Fishery

After a stressful 2 weeks I was looking forward to today.
Match day 9 at Morndyke Farm fishery in Thirsk

Morndyke has been passed down a generation and the new people have made improvements to the land building various huts, incorporating horse riding lessons, a kids section etc.
The lake though looked untouched which is a good thing as we previously, had some good days at this venue. (Not prolific by any stretch of the imagination but good fish caught...)

We arrived at the venue very early 5.55am and to our surprise there were already 5 fishing, including a guy on the peg I wanted..

We settled for two pegs next to the car park. I was on peg 9, Big T on peg 10

We cast in at 6.45am and .................................................... that was about it....

What an awful session. Big T caught two roach, I got a roach and a skimmer

I just won finishing on 1 lb 9 oz, with Dad on 1 lb 4 oz
The biggest fish was my roach at 1 lb 3 oz

I cant really write anything else, there were hardly any bites, nevermind fish. It was just one of those days. Tried allsorts of baits but with no luck

I will take the 4.5 v 0.5 win though and have now extended my season lead to 11 points

Roll on next week where we hope for a better day but .... we wont be returning to Morndyke in a hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment