Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 July 2020

13th July 2020 - Lodge Farm Fishery (Top Pond)

Match Day 8 was upon us and a trip to a try somewhere we hadn't fished before...
Lodge Farm Fishery

We chose to fish the Top Pond, the natural lake on the 7 lake complex.

After a quick look we decided that I would have peg 16 and Big T on peg 15. Both pegs were sheltered behind and had a tree at the side to fish to.

The weather was overcast and one of those days where it didn't know what to do. One minute rain, the next bright sun

We set up and cast in, in what was to be a 6 hour 15 minute match.

I was up for it, but nervous as Big T had cut my once huge season lead down to just 4 points so a win for Dad today would give him the lead in the race for the Wilkie Trophy

The first half of the match saw Dad catch two carp over 9 lb and two small Bream which wasn't bad at all (How he caught one without falling in I will never know as the Carp fight hard here)
I though had a great morning, catching Bream non-stop from under my tree to the right. Every Bream was a good one, averaging about 3 lb in weight. I also landed a Carp of just over 7 lb and a decent Roach. As half time loomed, Dad had about 20 lb but I was way in-front with about 37 lb

The afternoon was even better for me... Dad struggled on catching another 2 fish for a total weight of 27 lb 10 oz (6 fish) but my net pulled more fish out all afternoon. I landed another 10 Bream, with the majority over 3 lb. I finished with 64 lb for my 22 fish

Dad took the point for biggest fish, with me claiming the other 4 on offer

What a venue, what a day, what a result . I was buzzing....

My season lead up to 7 points. I've a feeling this season is going to be nip and tuck all the way

Next match Sat 25th July

No comments:

Post a Comment