Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 June 2020

13th June 2020 - Grange Farm, Monk Fryston

Today was match day 5 and I headed into the day with a healthy lead for the season despite Dad's win last week

Monk Fryston was the chosen venue and was a lake we had never visited before

After a quick look around, we settled on pegs 4 (me) and 3 (Dad) and despite the horrendous weather of the past few days, match day weather was warm and sunny

The lake looked suited to all types of angling, but Big T fancied his chances on the Pole so set up both options whereas I settled on the trusty Method Feeder approach as always

The first couple of hours saw Dad catch constantly on the pole with small Bream and Roach being netted, however although I wasn't catching as many as Big T, my fish were of a much bigger stamp. Bream of around 2 lb gracing my net.

The middle section of the match saw me expand my lead on total weight and even draw level on number of fish with a purple patch that saw me net a decent Carp and two lovely big Chub. Dad also netted a carp and smaller Chub

The last few hours saw me go surge ahead in total weight and we were neck and neck on number of fish, however with only 8 minutes to go I netted what would be a clincher for the point for most fish.

A 5 nil win for me and a new fishery visited which I loved. I will defo be going back to Grange Farm.

My lead is now 14 points after winning 19.5 of the 25 points on offer.

Match day 6 is on 27th June


No comments:

Post a Comment