Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 May 2020

15th May 2020 - Woodlands Lakes (Partridge Lake)

For the past couple of months the world has been in a strange place with the Covid19 virus hitting hard.

As a result of the lock down, Fisheries have been closed

This week they re-opened so (better late than never) it was time for the Season 11 opening match

The opening match was at Woodlands as I thought It would be safer to fish the biggest venue where social distancing could be easiest to abide to.. I was wrong... it was heaving with anglers on every lake.

We chose Partridge lake and settled on pegs 10 (me) and 9 (Dad)

The sun was shining and after 7 weeks of no angling I assumed the fish would be desperate for food... I was wrong again...

It was a hard day with not many bites but a match I won easily.

Dad caught two 2 lb Carp and foul hooked a tiny skimmer but I had six decent Carp to romp to victory. My 9 lb 4 oz was the highlight, however my other catches were all of a decent size too.

I finished on 36 lb 5 for my six fish compared to Dads 4 lb 2 oz for his three fish

A big 5-0 win to open the season so you would think I would be happy.... wrong again... I broke my net and lost my ring in the lake....

Interesting day with ups and downs and great to be back on the bank.

Roll on next week when we head to South Yorkshire

No comments:

Post a Comment