Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 October 2019

26th October 2019 - Mccallums (East Lake)

So, here it was, the 2019 season ending winner takes all finale and it was held at Mccallums on the East Lake.

Dad came into the match on the back of four straight wins to force a decider. Could he win his first League Title since 2012 or could I get back on track and clinch the title after four terrible recent performances

The weather was horrendous, non stop rain, wind and freezing cold conditions

After a breakfast in the cafe we cast in at 8:45am and the match was to last 6 hours

After a fruitless hour my line suddenly took off. I knew it was a big one. After playing it for ten minutes it took me under some lillies and snagged me. Gutted !!!!
I decided I needed to cut the line, just then my phone rang. It was my baby Niece and my Girlfriend so I left the rod with the line still seemingly snagged.
After coming off the phone, I tightened the clutch ready to snip the line if I couldn't save the method feeder. Then the line started moving, bloody hell I shouted, I still had it on and even better the fish had come out from the lillies. Five minutes later I landed it. A lovely 10 lb 3 oz Common.
What a start !!
Fantastic.. Could I kick on??

Literally five minutes later Big T was off the mark netting a Carp of just under 4 lb.
Half an hour later, he was in again, this time a Carp of 4 lb 8oz.
I quickly followed this with a small Skimmer of 8 oz

So a third of the match in and I had a lead of around 2 lb

The next two hours were dull, I couldn't buy a bite, Big T landed a Bream of 2 lb 14 oz to take the lead..

The last two hours were a disaster for me. Still not a bite, however Dad pulled away with blistering spell where he landed fish a further four fish adding about 10 lb to his total to easily win the match

Big T finished with 20 lb 15 oz for seven fish with me back on 10 lb 11 oz for my two fish
4-1 to Dad on the day

So Big T wins the league title and takes the Wilkie Trophy home for a year.

I was freezing, wet through and defeated... Awful...

Fair play to Dad, he turned a seemingly hopeless task of having to win the final five matches into a successful chase and well done to him


I will get my title back !!!! Roll on March/April 2020 for the next season to start

No comments:

Post a Comment