Total Pageviews

Monday 21 October 2019

20th October 2019 - Tyram Fisheries (Island Lake)

Three 5 Nil defeats on the trot meant we headed into today's match with me holding only a narrow two point lead
I could still seal the league title with a win however another defeat would put Big T infront with only one match to go
What was it to be?

We chose to fish Tyram again and set up with me on peg 8, Big T on peg 9

The weather was dry and overcast but deep into October meant there was a chill in the air

I got off to a good start banking two Carp of 5 lb 6 oz and 6 lb 4 oz. Big T then got off the mark with a lovely Mirror of 9 lb 1 oz to cut the lead to a slender 2 lb 9 oz
Dad then netted another big Carp, this time 8 lb 9 oz to build a lead of 6 lb but I hit back instantly with a Carp of my own that weighed 6 lb 3 oz.
With two and a half hours left to play I held a tiny 3 oz lead but then BOOOM.. Big T netted a double figure Carp of 10 lb 12 oz to regain the lead by 10 lb 9 oz.
I fought gamely at the end banking a 12 oz Bream and then in the dying seconds banked a nice 7 lb 12 oz Carp but it wasn't to be

Dad wins 4-1

We head into next weeks finale with twelve wins each this season and with Big T holding a one point lead
Winner takes all next week, what a season....

No comments:

Post a Comment