Total Pageviews

Monday 14 October 2019

12th October 2019 - Norwood Fishery (Large Lake)

Another chance for me to win the league title, can I do it ??
I'd lost the last two matches 5-0 and had a shocker of a practice session on my own last week too so confidence was low

Today's match was at Norwood Fishery in Sheffield, a lake we hadn't fished for four years.

We started what was to be a six hour match at 8.20am and the weather was surprisingly mild and quite sunny
I was on peg 18 with Big T on peg 17

The first two hours were shocking. Big T managing to net three skimmers and me ...... Nothing !!!
After speaking to the owner we decided to move pegs to a wider area of the lake, I chose peg 26, Dad on peg 25

The next three hours were poor, Dad was doing okay bagging small fish but building a lead whilst I struggled landing two Carp and two Bream but as we headed into the last hour I had the largest fish so was on for at least the single point and not a whitewash

The last hour was terrible for me, I didn't land anything else and Dad landed three more fish including a 6 lb 5 oz Carp with 90 SECONDS of the match remaining to take all 5 points on offer and his third 5 Nil win on the bounce

What a horrible match for me and I feel I am bottling the league

I lead by 17 points last month and now I lead by just 2 with only two matches to go

It's going to the wire ...................

No comments:

Post a Comment