Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 May 2020

23rd May 2020 - Riverside Fishery (Main Lake)

So, match day 2 was here and today's match saw us head down to South Yorkshire to fish Riverside Fishery.

The venue has just re-opened after being closed for over 6 months since the bad floods in November

Since all the lakes and the river flooded no one knows exactly what is in each lake since all the fish will have crossed between each lake so we were excited to fish the venue and also inrigued...

Gale force winds accompanied the sunshine so conditions were not great...

My start was, however great... First cast saw me land my second biggest fish of my career. A lovely 13 lb 3 oz Mirror Carp... what a start

30 Minutes later.... in again, this time a 5 lb 3 oz Mirror Carp

Another hour later, I netted another Mirror Carp, this time 4 lb 8 oz

Wow... what a fantastic morning. I had banked 3 fish and held a huge 22 lb lead over Big Tez

Just after Dinner, Dad was off the mark when he netted a Carp of 4 lb 4 oz and just 30 minutes later he landed again... This time a 7 lb Carp... Surely the comeback wasn't on...

Soon he was in again, this time an 8 lb Carp to close the gap to about 3 lb....

As we reached the last two hours I hadn't had a bite for ages and when Dads rod bent round I knew he was into a big one and one that would put him infront. I was right, he landed a 13 lb Mirror just 3 oz shy of my big one first thing this morning

FFS Dad lead by 10 lb and as time ticked on I was staring defeat in the face.

Last cast of the day, I put a wafter on and threw the feeder under a tree praying something would bite....

It did !!! My rod screamed and the fish took off, It felt like a good one, could I land it though?? It tangled on Dads line so I had to take the bale arm off and risk it getting off the hook as we got Dads line free from it. I quickly got the bale arm back on.. but was the fish on??? YES get innnnnn

As it got into the net I knew it was close to the 10 lber I needed to clinch victory...

It weighed 11 lb 12 oz and won me the match

What a great match that was and a good fishery too.

Mixed fortunes for Dad, he got his PB today of 13 lb but lost the match and broke his rod
I on the other hand was buzzing as I collected a 4.5 v 0.5 win

34 lb 10 oz for my 4 fish
Big T had 32 lb 4 oz for his 4 fish

My biggest fish of 13 lb 3 oz was the highlight for me, but on a day where we got three doubles between us and a last minute winner to decide the result there were many highlights all day

Roll on match day 3....
I lead 9.5 v 0.5 in the season now

No comments:

Post a Comment