Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 September 2019

7th September 2019 - Moor Monkton Pools (Front Pool)

Back to Moor Monkton to fish the Front Pool again today.
In July we had a good day so we were both hopeful for another good session on the bank

Kirsty had the car today which meant Dad had to pick me up and I got a little lay in

We arrived at the venue just before 7.30 am and I chose the end peg (65) with Dad on 66
After tackling up we cast in at 8 am in what were overcast conditions

The match was to be a 6.5 hour match

The first hour was slow for both of us with neither of us getting off the mark.

The second hour was amazing for me. I netted four good Carp (One was a cracking 7 lb 4 oz Common). Dad struggled again netting just the one Carp

The next hour was fruitful for both of us. Dad was now into good sized Carp and I managed another two including an 8 lb 7 oz Mirror Carp

The second half of the match .... well what can I say ??
I  had a mare banking only a small Carp and three silvers. Meanwhile Dad was brilliant, steadily catching a good stamp of Carp including a lovely double ..

I  finished with 44 lb 1 oz for my 10 fish with Big T miles ahead on 71 lb 3 oz for 13 fish
Dads 10 lb 4 oz Carp winning the biggest fish point too


Dad wins 5-0 and well deserved too

My lead is cut to 12 points with 5 matches to go ....


No comments:

Post a Comment