Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 September 2019

22nd September 2019 - Pool Bridge Farm (Horse Shoe Lake)

With only a 12 point lead in the league and only four matches to go I could seal the league title today

We chose to fish The Willows Fishery in York, a venue we hadn't fished in five years.
We got to the venue at 7am, (opening time) to find the only suitable pegs already taken.... Gutted..
Back in the car we drove the short distance to Poppleton to find every lake on that complex matched up.... Gutted again.
We jumped back in the car and thought we would try Moor Monkton but ................ yep matched up
GUTTED again. FFS...........

Poole Bridge Farm was the 4th choice of the fisheries within a close proximity so settled on fishing the Horse Shoe Lake and after setting up we started on what was to be a five hour 45 minute shortish match.

I was on peg 28 with Dad on peg 29. I hadn't fished this peg before but was fairly confident

It was clear after only an hour how this match was going to pan out and for me it wasn't good..

Small skimmers and even smaller Carp were the only fish gracing my net.
15 fish in total for a very poor 22 lb 1 oz. My largest fish was only 3 lb.
What a poor effort from me. Nothing went right and thoroughly let myself down

Meanwhile next to me Dad caught constantly and all from a spot under a willow tree. Granted, he too seemed to only catch small fish but he caught all match with no lulls.
Dad finished with 24 fish for a very decent total weight of 54 lb 9 oz to hammer me and his biggest win for some time... His 3 lb 9 oz Mirror Carp was the biggest of the day too

So a 5-0 huge win for Big T now means I only lead by 7 pts with 15 points still to play for.
Its going to the wire....
I need to clinch the title on the next match or the league will go to the final two matches and the pressure will be immense.




No comments:

Post a Comment