Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2019

3rd August 2019 - Forest Lane Fishery (The Don Lake)

Today was a chance to fish the highly respected lake "The Don" at Forest Lane Fishery in Alne.
We had fished it once before but its a lake that is always matched up on a weekend so when a club had cancelled on them we took advantage and chose the lake for mine and Big T's latest battle

I went into the match with a ten point lead so no nerves for me, however Big T knew only a win would do for him as we come to the crunch end of the season

After setting up our tackle and a bit of brekkie we started what was to be a six and a half hour match and with plenty of fish showing we were both confident of a good day.
The weather was warm and bright and surprisingly the lake was quiet with fellow anglers

The match was a strange one. It was very slow for me, with very little to shout about. I caught some good fish but only eight in the net in total was disappointing. I did manage five different species amongst the eight fish, a Common of over 7 lb my highlight and I lost what felt like a huge fish.

Dad had a much better day, he caught ten fish but of a much better stamp meaning he finished with a total weight of 47 lb 14 oz which swamped my 33 lb 4 oz. His biggest catch was a nice Mirror Carp of 8 lb 8 oz. Dad also lost about eight fish, taking his line and then jumping off. Taking this into account the win could have been by a much wider margin had he landed any of the eight he lost

So a disappointing loss for me but a huge 5 point win for Big T. Just what he wanted and needed and it means my lead is now cut to a narrow five points.


This is going down to the wire...I can feel it

No comments:

Post a Comment