Total Pageviews

Monday 1 July 2019

29th June 2019 - Nether Mill Fishery

Match day seven and a match I needed to win
I went into this match with an 8 point lead but with Docklow next week I wanted to go there holding a big lead as I normally struggle down there

We decided to fish Nether Mill Fishery, a lake in Penistone I had looked at a few months ago

We got to the venue and Big T loved it. It is a very picturesque fishery consisting or one lake with 3 Islands down the middle. Flat banking made fishing comfortable and this well kept lake held some big fish aswell as a lot of smaller stuff so I fancied my chances.

The sun was beating down early in the day and 30 degree was forcast for later so the suncream was packed

The first couple of hours was nip and tuck. I bagged seven small fish for a total of 7 lb 12 oz and Dad bagged 6 fish for 6 lb 10 oz

The next couple of hours couldn't be further away from "nip and tuck". I struggled badly managing only a couple of small fish but Big T netted twelve to build a lead of around 10 lb

The next couple of hours were similar to the previous two. Big T landed another twelve fish whilst I netted only three so he extended his lead to 11 lb

The last hour was truly abysmal for me as I couldn't muster so much as bite.
Over on the next Peg dad got another five fish and another 7 lb or so

I finished with 12 fish for 14 lb which was very poor
Dad finished with 35 fish for 33 lb for a much deserved win. He also got the point for the largest fish too to claim all 5 points available and cut me lead down to a slim 3 points

Docklow week coming up next. Cant wait for it (even though I usually struggle there)
If I struggle this time round, Big T could be set for not only the Dockow Trophy but he will have sights on the league title too


No comments:

Post a Comment