Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 June 2019

24th June 2019 - Tyram Fisheries (Island Lake)

Match Day 6 today and a last minute change of venue.
We were originally going to go back to Lindholme but we decided on Tyram instead

I set up on peg 15, with Big T on peg 14 and with the weather forecast also changing at the last minute from storms to just cloudy we were hopeful of a good day

The first couple of hours was all me as I stormed into a big lead. I landed four Bream and a good 6 lb Carp whilst Dad had the solitary Bream of 3 lb 8 oz

The middle section of the match saw Dad try to fight back but I extended my lead. I bagged three Bream and a big 8 lb 12 oz Carp. Dad netted three Bream and two Carp

The last couple of hours were poor for both of us. Dad blanked whilst I caught tiny Mirror Carp and a tiny Roach

Tyram is a really good fishery with friendly staff and a good cafe and we will definitely be back. Unfortunately the really big fish eluded us again today but still a good enjoyable day even though I did nearly fall in the lake after slipping in the mud

I finished with eleven fish for 34 lb 10 oz. Big T caught six fish for 13 lb 7 oz
My 8 lb 12 oz Mirror Carp was the best of the day

So a 5-0 win for me saw me stretch my lead to 8 points for the season

Next week we travel to Nether Mill Fishery and then it will be only days before the Docklow Week

Game on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment