Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 June 2019

8th June 2019 - Moor Monkton Pools (Front Lake)

Match Day 5 and a trip to Moor Monkton Pools, but unlike usual when we go to this venue, today's match was to be on the Front Pool.

We haven't fished the Front Pool before so after doing a bit of research we decided on pegs 67 and 68 (with me on peg 68)

The lake is quite small with only 18 pegs but with plenty of vegetation and two central islands its quite an inviting water

The match was due to be a 5 hour 15 minute match and with heavy rain forcast we had the brollies at the ready

The match got underway with me needing a win.
Last weeks victory drew me level on 10 points each but with Docklow Week only round the corner and Dad prolific there I need a lead for when we go

The first hour was insane for me. A Carp of 4 lb was followed by three more over 5 lb each whilst Dad had a solitary Carp of around four and a half pound. Wow... what a start

The second hour was all Big T's. He landed four Carp including a 6 lb 11 oz (which would turn out to be the biggest of the day). I, on the other hand netted a Carp of 5 lb 11 oz which was my only catch during this second hour of the match

The third hour saw me pull away again as I landed two decent Carp of four and five pound whilst Dad managed just a three pounder

The fourth hour saw Dad net a small Carp and me blank

The final hour started with me holding a lead of over 8 lb so the pressure was somewhat off and with the rain hammering down I bagged a nice 3 lb Bream to finish the match off

I finished with 8 fish for 37 lb 7 oz with Dad back on 26 lb 4 oz for 7 fish.
As I mentioned earlier Dad bagged the biggest fish of the day

So, a 4-1 win today and for the first time this season I hit the front.
Brilliant...

Two matches in one week are next...
June 24th and June 29th

No comments:

Post a Comment