Total Pageviews

Friday 24 May 2019

24th May 2019 - Lindholme Lakes (Strip Lake)

Practice session day today and it was back to Lindholme once again.

Every lake bar Bonsai was available so I chose to fish the Strip Lake like last Saturday.
Was last Saturdays good day a one off or was this lake really that good?

Kirsty had the day off today and with hot and sunny weather forecast she came along for the day out.

We arrived at a very quiet Lindholme at 7.30am and decided on peg 23 (the other end of the lake to what I fished with Dad the other day)

Today was going to be a 6 hour session.
Six hours sat in the sun in my shorts fishing. Girlfriend sat beside me reading her book. This beats work any day....

The day started with a bang as I landed a Carp of just over 7 lb. Wow.... this lake is brilliant I thought to myself.
The first two hours of the session saw me land that 7 lb Mirror Carp and a further five F1 Carp

Just short of 23 lb in the first two hours was a fantastic start to the day

The middle two hours were just as good as I netted four more F1 Carp, another Mirror Carp, a Common Carp and a Bream so another 23 lb in the bag.....

The last two hours died a bit with me only landing three F1 Carp and a tiny Common Carp

So 17 fish for 53 lb.

I really do like this lake but............. note to self..... "remember sun lotion next time" ouch....


No comments:

Post a Comment