Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 May 2019

19th May 2019 - Lindholme Lakes (Strip Lake)

Match day 4 and going into this match I trailed Dad by 10 pts to 5 so needed a win.
I'd started the season very poorly so required not only a win but a good performance too

Today's match was back at Lindholme and was originally to be held on Beeches lake.

We arrived just after 7am and when paying for our day ticket we were told that Beeches "may not be available to pleasure fish today". Oh no.... we both thought as we obtained tickets for the un-fancied Strip lake

We started our match at 8am and within 5 minutes, on his first cast Dad hooked and landed an 11 lb 1 oz Carp (a PB for him) but 2 minutes later I unbelievably bettered his effort by netting an 11 lb 5 oz Mirror
The next half hour saw Dad bag a 10 lb 14 oz Carp and I landed a huge 11 lb 11 oz Mirror Carp. (We Both also landed a small F1 too)
What an opening hour including 4 doubles between us and after this first hour Dad lead by the tiny amount of one ounce

The next two hours were fruitful too with Dad netting another small F1 and a Carp of over 8 lb meanwhile I landed four F1s and a couple of Common Carp. I now led by about 3 lb after the first three hours of the match

The last hour before lunch was quite even with Dad getting another Carp of over 8 lb whilst I netted two small F1s and a nice Ghost Carp to extend my lead to roughly 4 lb

The first hour after lunch saw me bag two small carp and Dad one small Carp so my lead increased to 6 lb with just one hour of the match to go. Was this 6 lb going to be enough?? On a lake where doubles had come onto our banks I wasnt too sure...

The last hour fortunately for me went my way too with two small Carp and a 5 lb Carp coming into my net whereas Dad has a solitary F1 of around 4 lb

Yesssss
A win for me in what was a fantastic match

I finished with 17 fish for 63 lb 8 oz
Dad had a total weight of 51 lb 6 oz for his 8 fish

My 11 lb 11 oz Carp was the biggest of the day

A 5-0 win for me brings me level with Dad for the season on 10 pts each.

Next match Saturday 8th June  but first I have a session on my own next week. Roll on next Saturday




1 comment: