Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 April 2019

5th April 2019 - Lindholme Lakes (Bonsai Lake)

So match day 2 and a quick turnaround after yesterday so a chance to get on the league table I hoped...
We chose Lindholme Lakes, a fishery we hadn't fished before
Bonsai Lake on the complex was the lake we decided on, Lindholme's flagship lake on the complex
We got to the site at 6.50 just before opening time and started setting up with me on Peg 70, Dad on peg 69. (These were the best two pegs on the lake I had been advised..)
Whilst I finished tackling up Dad went to pay and was giving a talking to by the strict staff member. "We have been watching you on camera", "you came in before 7am", you cant just go to the lake before you see me first" etc etc
Ok.. For starters its the first time we have been to Lindholme so weren't aware of these rules and secondly, you are "telling us off" for not coming to the shop first before going to the lake yet you dont even have DIP nets.. Come on get your priorities right....
Anyway, with the wind behind us and the sun shining we knew today would be better than the previous day.
The first half of the 6 hour match was fairly even with me keeping infront but not by a lot. I had two small Mirror Carp and two F1's whilst Dad had a small Common, a small F1, a small Tench and a tiny Chub
The second half of the match saw me pull well clear... Whilst Dad could only manage a skimmer and two small Common Carp, I had a good Mirror Carp and a good F1 which totalled about 10 lb between them and then I followed it up with two very good Common Carp. Firstly one of 6 lb 5 oz and then a fantastic 9 lb 10 oz beauty
This meant that I finished with 8 fish for 34 lb. Dad ended up with 7 fish for 15 lb 8 oz

A 5-0 win for me meant after 2 days we were level with 5 points each

Bonsai Lake at Lindholme was a brilliant lake and we will definitely be back to fish not only this lake but also a few of the others on the complex too

Tyram yesterday was difficult but again its a lovely fishery and we will be back when the better weather comes

No comments:

Post a Comment