Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 April 2019

4th April 2019 - Tyram Fisheries (Island Lake)

Its here, finally the 2019 season :-)

Two days off work meant a double header to open the season and match 1 was to be at Tyram Fisheries in Doncaster.
This is a lake we hadn't fished before so we were both excited to see what the day would bring.
I had been given the heads up that the lake had been fishing brilliantly over the last two weeks so could we carry this good form on?
Well, we got to the venue and set up our tackle. The Wind was horrendous and it was apparent straight away we could be in trouble
The match was to be a 5 hour 30 minutes match and the first hour went by with not even a bite for me, whilst Dad lost one.
After breakfast we tried to up our game but the wind was getting worse. We couldn't cast properly and seeing bites in these conditions was nearly impossible.
During these next two hours I managed to net three tiny skimmers whilst Dad faired better bagging a decent Tench, a skimmer and two Carp
The remainder of the match was fished in Gale Force winds and freezing cold conditions and saw Dad net a Roach to rub salt in my wounds...
Very disappointing day and a bad start to the season

I finished with three fish for 1 lb 4 oz, Dad had 5 fish for a total weight of 7 lb
Dad's Tench was the biggest fish of the day

Dad wins 5.0

Oh dear I hope I fair better tomorrow I thought as we headed home...

No comments:

Post a Comment