Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 April 2019

13th April 2019 - Elm Tree Fishery (Horseshoe Lake)

Today was a practice session for me.
A solo visit back to Elm Tree Fishery in Hooton Roberts.

I'd fished this lake twice before so knew it would be a good day to catch fish, (although mostly small F1 Carp)

I got to the venue at 8.30am and found the ground covered in frost, however the water was ice free.
I was to fish 6 hours today and after setting up on peg 21 I cast in at 8.50am.

I was using the day to get used to a rod I struggled with on this seasons opener at Tyram and also a chance to hopefuly catch using some of the baits I'd not really done well with previously.

The day went as I expected. I caught at a constant rate all day.
12 F1 Carp, a Skimmer and a Crucian

Elm Tree is a lovely peaceful fishery, I just wish it wasnt one of those lakes where you know what you will catch. Everytime the rod bent round I knew a 2-3 lb F1 was coming in...
I will be back in a few years time once Ive explored "new to us" fisheries during the next 2/3 seasons

1 comment:

  1. Hey Your blogs seems to be very impressive and I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog post content from you in the future as well!
    Fishing Nets Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete