Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 July 2018

30th June 2018 - Gilmoors (Bottom Lake)

So a sneaky unexpected final session before we head to Docklow and a chance to visit Gilmoor Fishery, a venue we fished last year. Today we were to fish the bottom lake, a lake I did ok on last year
We got the lake at 7.15am and set up on the far side of the lake.
Both lakes at this venue are in need of some TLC. The pegs are poor and the track around the lakes uneven and hazardous but this was a fishery that not many people know about so is quiet and more natural than other waters.
I set up the feeder rod, whilst Dad set up rod and pole today
The day was an anti climax in all honestly as we both struggled in many ways however the sun was out and was very warm so you cant have everything I suppose.
We had literally millions of flies surrounding us for the full session which was so annoying and the first two hours of our match was annoying fishing too as we both struggled to catch.
I had a carp of around 4 lb and a small Roach whilst Dads was picking up a few tiny Roach on the pole.
The next two hours were terrible for me as i didn't net anything. Dad was still on the pole and catching with almost every ship out however only 4 oz Roach so my earlier 4 lb Carp was keeping me in the match.
The next hour saw me catch another Carp close to 5 lb so I was right back in the match but once again Dad was slightly infront as he continued to catch lots of tiddlers.
With an hour to go, I caught another Carp of 4lb and a decent 1 lb Roach to put me 4 lb in front so Dad switched to the rod to try and land a Carp but no more fish were to be caught so another victory for me and my 5th on the bounce which puts me 13 points clear in the league as we head to Docklow next Weekend.
Cant wait...

Todays result

David 4 fish - Dad 21 fish
David 13 lb 2 oz - Dad 9 lb 2 oz
David biggest 4 lb 12 oz - Dad biggest 9 lb 2 oz

4-1 to Me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment