Total Pageviews

Friday 15 June 2018

15th June 2018 - Woodlands (Kestrel Lake)

Match Day 7 of this season and a rare Friday match as I had booked the day off work with us due to fish Woodlands (Kestrel Lake)

Woodlands is a multi lake venue we have fished many times before but the better lakes at the complex are usually matched up every weekend hence me booking a day off work today.

Kestrel is one of the match lakes so is basically a big wide rectangular shaped lake with no features just open water. Perimeter vegetation is non existant too.

Cat boxes everywhere for the countless roaming felines and a big dead carp in the bushes greeted us when walking around the lake... Not a good impression!! It appears that more thought, energy and money is going into the large amount of new lodges being installed and the fishing side seems to be being left resulting in not awful but "tired" surroundings

I chose peg 7 with Dad on peg 6 and we set up in overcast conditions. It was due to remain dry but dull all day so no weather worries for us. I was on my usual Method feeder approach whereas Dad chose to fish the pole.

We fished for 6 hours 30 minutes and we had very, different days.

Dad hated every minute, he struggled badly all day, losing three or four small ones and only catching 6 fish in the whole session (In fact the Heron flying above us all day caught more than Dad!!)

I on the other-hand had a blinder. I just couldn't stop catching all day. I ended up with 31 fish in total and the magical 50 lb total weight mark reached.

A huge 5-0 victory for me today and my 4th big win on the bounce after losing 2 of the first 3 matches earlier in the season.

This means I head to Docklow with a 10 point lead in the season and I can concentrate on winning the Docklow Trophy without a lot of pressure in the league

Todays result

David 31 fish
Dad 6 fish

David 50 lb
Dad 12 lb 12 oz

David's biggest fish 6 lb 6 oz
Dad's biggest fish 4 lb 12 oz

I wont be heading back to Woodlands in a Hurry although 50 lb and a 5-0 win means I'm a happy man this evening.

Bit of a break now with no sessions before Docklow

Roll on 3 weeks when we commence battle for the Docklow Trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment