Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 June 2018

10th June 2018 - Morndyke

Match day 6 was here and a 4am alarm arghhhhh
Netherless.... I was looking forward to this match as we were to fish Morndyke, a venue we haven't visited for three years

We got to the lake at 5.45am and chose pegs 2 and 3 (Me on 3) We both had the island to fish to, Dad had the far edge of it whereas I had more of it to aim at. Both of us had vegetation to our left and right too.

We started at 6.30am and this was to be an 8 hour match.

The first two hours saw Dad bag a couple of Tench and a couple of small Roach whilst I landed a small Tench and nice 7 lb Mirror Carp.

The second two hours were equally hard work with me netting only two small Roach, meanwhile Dad was struggling too, catching nothing but small Roach.

So half way through we were quite annoyed. Roach were constantly picking up and then dropping our bait with every single cast. Luckily for me I'd bagged a decent Carp to build a slight lead over Dad who couldn't get anything other than those Roach. He had more fish than me, but I lead in weight and had the biggest catch so far but it was close

The third quarter of our match saw Dad continue to struggle along netting more small Roach, but then BOOM over on my peg I caught three Carp in three casts, (two 6 pounders and a 5 pounder) On top of this I managed to net two small Roach.

Heading into the final two hours surely I couldnt be caught ??

I was proved correct, the final two hours saw Dad have only a couple more Roach whilst three more Carp got landed by me (two over 7 lb and a 5 pounder). I also caught one more of those Pesky Roach that had ruined Dad's chances over on his peg.

So what a result for me.... A huge win.

13 fish each were caught so half point each
I had the biggest fish of the day, a Carp of 7 lb 12 oz, beating Dads 3 lb 2 oz Tench
My match weight 48 lb 8 oz beating Dads 11 lb 1 oz

So big win for me which extends my lead to 5 points for the season with only one more match before our Mid Season Break in Herefordshire for the Docklow Trophy

Roll on this Friday first though when we head to Woodlands

No comments:

Post a Comment