Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 July 2018

21st July 2018 - Risby Fishery (Gorse/Tench Lake)

After my abysmal showing at Docklow and now that the league points were all square this was a match I simply had to win

Todays match was at Risby Park again, like a few weeks ago, but this time on the Gorse/Tench lake.

In glorious sunshine we set up on pegs 30 and 31 (me being on 31).

I chose to fish the method feeder with Dad opting for the pole

As the Bivvy boys opposite packed up and disappeared (after their night fishing antics) we started the match

The first 2 hours saw me catch four Mirror Carp and a Bream whilst on the next peg Dad had caught one foul hooked Skimmer.
Great stuff we paused for Brekkie with me holding an advantage of around 13 lb.

After Breakfast and for the next couple of hours Dad netted a good Common Carp of 7 lb 8 oz, however that was nothing in relation of the match as I constantly caught in these couple of hours, netting two Bream, a Roach, 3 Mirror Carp and a huge 8 lb 12 oz Common Carp to stretch my lead to around 23 lb.

The last two and a half hours saw me switch to Hard Pellets and I couldn't stop catching. I bagged nine more fish in this period including a lovely Koi Carp and a Ghost Carp. Dad fishing only a dozen feet away caught a solitary Skimmer.

What a day, I was on fire. I caught lots of fish from the margins and won the match very easily to regain the lead for the season

Todays result :

David 21 fish, Big T 3 fish
David 63 lb 7 oz, Big T 10 lb 4 oz
David Biggest 8 lb 12 oz, Big T biggest 7 lb 8 oz

David wins 5 - 0


No comments:

Post a Comment