Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2018

4th August 2018 - Fourways Fishery (Laneside Lake)

Match Day 16 of the 2018 season was here and today's match was to be held at Fourways Fishery in Gunthorpe on the Laneside Lake.

Laneside is the Speci' lake at the complex, home to some very large fish. Most fish in this lake are over 5 lb but unlike other more popular venues Fourways is usually quiet and no Bivvy boys so we were excited to have a bash at it. I had fished the lake a couple of times previously and caught big fish including my PB so what would today bring?

We arrived at the venue at 6.50am, ten minutes early and waited by the gates for someone to come open up. (opening time 7am). 30 minutes came and went with still no sign of anyone so I rang the owner who gave me the code to the gate. This is poor really as this has happened on every occasion I've fished Fourways. An opening time is an opening time and we shouldn't be expected to open up ourselves or phone the owner but it is what it is and we entered the site

We set up with me on peg 27, Dad on 26. We were both fishing the method feeder today so I knew it would be a close match. On lakes like this I expected only a couple of fish to be caught though especially with the weather being baking hot too. Would I be proved correct?

Today was to be a 6 hour match between 8am and 2pm.

The first 40 minutes were unbelievable. I rushed into a lead of nearly 22 lb with a Mirror Carp of 7 lb 2 oz, another Mirror of 7 lb 11 oz and yet another Mirror Carp of 6 lb 15 oz whilst Dad on the next peg had failed to register anything. What a start. I was buzzing. Surely this was going to be runaway victory for me, like the last match.

But I was wrong.....

The next 2 hours 20 minutes belonged to Dad as he raced into the lead. I could only muster a small 6 oz Roach whereas Dad managed to bag 4 decent Carp ranging between 6 lb 6 oz and 7 lb 12 oz.
This was a battle !!! Dad lead by 6 lb 10 oz at this stage

The next hour saw me net two Good Common Carp of 9 lb 13 oz and 6 lb 14 oz to re take the lead and put me about 10 lb in front.

Dad hit back in the next hour netting a huge 11 lb Carp whilst I blanked in that hour. Dad now lead by a solitary pound.. This was going to be close.

The last hour was a nail biter. Dad kept hold of his one pound lead until 20 minutes remained when I bagged a Mirror Carp of slightly over 8 lb to lead by 7 lb. Could I hold on for the final 20 minutes??

With 12 minutes left on the clock Dads rod wrapped round. NOOOOOOOO I shouted as I saw his line get pulled across the late.... Dad played it for a few minutes before SNAP off it got.
Phewwww for me, heartbreak for Dad.

We played out the final 5 minutes without any action for a nervy victory for me. 4 - 1

David 46 lb 14 oz
Dad 39 lb 12 oz

David 7 fish
Dad 5 fish

David biggest catch 9 lb 13 oz
Dad biggest fish 11 lb

What a match and what a day. Really enjoyed it and the best match we have had in many years. Big fish caught by both of us and we lost 4 each too (most snapped us)

I now lead by 8 points with only 5 matches to play, but first we have a months break.

The next match is on Sunday 9th September.

I need 9 more points from the 25 available to retain my League Title...




1 comment:

  1. at which Plunkett attained various frontier importance when the lawman exactly who charged Impotence O'Kelley, the person just who put to sleep Robert Honda, slayer with Jesse Wayne. https://imgur.com/a/6bspB5z https://imgur.com/a/gjmwz8L https://imgur.com/a/UK5i6fi https://imgur.com/a/eCO7NYh https://imgur.com/a/zcfWQtk https://imgur.com/a/ToO4kkp https://imgur.com/a/XqYu5c0

    ReplyDelete