Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 May 2018

19th May 2018 - Elm Tree Farm Fishery (Horseshoe Lake)

So today was a practice session, out on the bank on my own due to Dad having other commitments.
I chose to go to Elm Tree Farm Fishery a venue I'd only visited once previously.

I got to the lake at 6.30am and set up on Peg 22.
I had the main island infront of me to fish to and also a small clump of vegetation in the open water to my left which resembled almost a tiny island. I had bushes to either side of me too so a good Peg I thought.

The weather was warm and sunny so a cracking day was to be had.

This lake is full of F1 Carp and silvers although they claim the Carp go to 18 lb which I do not believe. There are two small Carp Speci lakes at this venue so those two lakes will home the decent sized fish but Horseshoe does offer good sport with plenty of bites

My first cast was made at 7.10am and I was fishing a total of 7 hours today so plenty of time to relax in the sun and land lots of fish...

The first hour saw me bank an Ide and two Bream so a fairly good start.

My Girlfriend and her Sister then arrived with Bacon Sarnis.... what a couple of Legends :-)
However the next two hours died and no fish were caught

Then the final four hours were crazy... Fish after fish I landed, almost with every other cast. Fourteen more fish to be exact.

I finished with 17 fish in total for a weight of 38 lb 4 oz which pleased me,

Its a lovely lake but a shame that you know what you are going to catch,
Of my 17 fish, 12 were F1 Carp

Next week I'm fishing with My Dad and my Step Brother's Son Ethan so not a "match" but should be good fun and more practice

No comments:

Post a Comment