Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 May 2018

12th May 2018 - Risby Fishery (Folly Lake)

Well, well, well I wasn't used to this... Fishing under huge pressure during the league season.

I trailed Dad by 6 points going into today's match and knew even a five Nil win wouldn't catch him..... But another defeat would put me in serious trouble for the season even at this early stage

Today's match was at Risby Fishery on the Folly Lake, one of our favourites

We got to the venue at 7am, chose pegs 38 and 39. Me on 38, Dad on 39 and Dad set up the Pole. He was fishing just the pole today, no rod. I set up the Feeder as per usual but went back to my old cheap Frenzee rod that served me well a couple of years ago. Would it bring me the luck I needed??

The weather was already warm and sunny and a full day of sun was forcast so todays 7.45am until 3pm match should see good weather all the time

The first two hours were a proper battle with six fish each caught and a slender lead for me going into Breakfast.

We went to the cafe and I was very pleased with six fish and over 20 lb in such a short space of time. (I'd bagged three Mirror Carp, a Common Carp of 7 lb 8 oz, a Bream and a Ghost Carp of 6 lb). However Dad had also got the six fish and wasn't far behind me

After Breakfast the next few hours were quiet but at least I still caught steadily netting three small Carp and two Bream. Dad though failed to catch so I extended my lead a bit in this period.

The last couple of hours saw Dad bag two fish but I pulled further in front netting two Carp over 5 lb and two really good Bream (one of which was 3 lb 5 oz)

So a great morale boosting win for me today and Dads season lead cut to just the two points.

There are two matches left before Docklow (one a Mid Week match) and the league is competitive this season which is good so I need to be on my game from now until the end of the season

Next week I'm fishing alone over in South Yorkshire at Elm Tree Fishery so a bit of practice for me.

Todays Match Result:

Overall weight - David 44 lb 8 oz and Big T 25 lb 12 oz ---------- DAVID 3 POINTS
Most fish caught - David 15 and Big T 8 ---------- DAVID 1 POINT
Heaviest fish caught - David 7 lb 8 oz and Big T 7 lb 8 oz ---------- DAVID 0.5 POINTS, BIG T 0.5 POINTS

DAVID wins 4.5 v 0.5

No comments:

Post a Comment