Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 April 2018

28th April 2018 - Birkwood (Main Lake)

So today was match day 3 and after last weeks poor effort I needed and wanted a win to get back on track.
I picked Birkwood Main Lake for the match. This was a lake we hadn't fished for three years but after a recent spurt of Large Carp photographs on Facebook of fish recently caught we were both optimistic of a good session.
I arrived at the lake at 6:10am to find Dad already there and tackling up on peg 3. I chose peg 4 to his left. Birkwood main lake has no features to speak of with the exception of an aeriator which pegs 3 and 4 were both bang opposite so fair enough Dad decent choice of pegs
We started our match at 7am and it was to be a 7 hour match.
The weather was very cold but at least no rain or wind was forecast
I was first to catch, a tiny 6 oz Bream, Dad quickly followed but with a nice carp, over 4 lb and soon followed it up with a Bream of over a pound too.
I was in trouble...
I managed to net another small Bream but then Dad bagged himself a 5 lb Carp and was well infront even at this early stage of the day.
The next couple of hours saw me catch a tiny Roach and three Carp between 2.5 lb and 4.25 lb, Dad netted another good Carp of over 4lb and two more Bream again over the pound mark to remain infront.
The last couple of hours saw me back amongst the tiny stuff. Two small Bream and two tiny Gudgeons were all that I could muster. Dad kept his distance in front by landing 5 more Bream to claim a big victory
Dad claimed the point for biggest fish of the day with his 5 lb Carp beating my 4 lb 4 oz Carp
Dad claimed the point for number of fish caught in the day with 11 to my 10
Dad claimed the 3 points for total weight caught. I finished on 13 lb 8 oz with Dad ahead with 19 lb 13 oz

A deserved victory for Dad and a p*ss poor effort from myself.
I'm far from happy with my start this season and I'm already having to play catchup.
Dad leads by 6 points going into match 4 in two weeks time

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - fuming !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment