Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2018

14th April 2018 - Plainville

Match Day 2 and a 5am alarm...
Up I got and drove over to Dad's house, transferred all my gear into his car and we set off up to Plainville Lake at Wiggington, near York.

This venue was one I'd fished four times in the past so I knew the place fairly well.
It is a snake type lake so I was really surprised to find that Dad had not taken his Pole.

The weather was fine, in-fact quite sunny and warm.

We set up with me on Peg 23 and Dad on Peg 22. This part of the lake was wider than the rest so was ideal for us both fishing the Method Feeder.

It was a 7 hour session and to be honest was a damp squib of a match....
The first 5 hours consisted of me landing a small 1 lb 5 oz Chub and Dad a 2 lb 8 oz Bream. Neither of us were even getting bites. This was made even more annoying as big Carp were easily visible just cruising around but not interested in feeding.
The last couple of hours saw Dad pull in two Chub and me a Bream so Dad won the match.

Most Fish - Dad three, Me two so Dad gets the 1 point
Biggest fish - Both Breams were the same weight so 0.5 points each
Overall weight - Me a poor 4 lb 3 oz, Dad slightly more but still poor 5 lb 12 oz so Dad gets the 3 points

So Dad takes the lead for the season after the first two matches and well done to him. He beat me fair and square today in a dull match lacking bites or any action.

Plainville is still a good fishery and one I enjoy fishing. Its peaceful and ran really well by the owner Andy who cant do enough for you.

Roll on 2 weeks time when we arrive at Match number 3 wherever that may be.......

No comments:

Post a Comment