Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 May 2018

26th May 2018 - Mccallums (East Lake)

So today's match also had a special guest. Young Ethan, my Step Brothers 14 yr old lad.

The 5 points up for grabs for me and Dad were still applicable however having a third member today would add some extra spice.

The session was to be held at Mccallams (Bank End) on the East lake and after entry to the site at 6.40am we chose pegs 57 (me), 56 (Dad) and 55 (Ethan). These three pegs were on a cut out wide peninsular so ample room for the three of us and meant we were all sat together.

The Lake is large but doesnt have much to fish to. There are no Islands and the perimeter vegetation is not very thick so we would all be fishing into open water today.

We started the match at 7.30am and it was to be a 7 hour match with no breaks (We were too far from the Cafe...) - Luckily Dad brought pack up for us all :-)

Within 2 minutes of my first cast I was in and landed a Carp of 6 lb 2 oz, my second cast another Carp. This time 2 lb 14 oz. What a start... (For me). Dad and Ethan had failed to get off the mark...

The first two hours saw me net those opening two Carp and five Bream. It was unbelievable. Almost every bait was working for me and seven fish in two hours - fanatstic. Dad had a slow start bagging just 4 smallish carp, Ethan netted a huge Carp in the first two hours of 8 lb 10 oz but apart from that was struggling to land anything major. He lost a couple bringing them in but had netted two Skimmers so not all bad.

The next three hours saw Ethan net four more Bream. Meanwhile Dad landed a Roach, three more Carp and a Bream. These were good figures for May but I was having an unreal time over on my peg. I was catching almost every other cast. I landed seven decent Bream and two more Carp.

The final two hours was still good for me banking four more Bream and another Carp however the battle for second between Dad and Ethan looked like going to the wire. Ethan caught three more Bream to get within touching distance but a late surge by Dad netting two more Bream then the killer 7 lb 7 oz Carp clinched second for him

So a nice day in the sun with plenty of fish caught (over 100 lb between us)

Final Result:

David 58 lb - (21 Fish)
Dad 38 lb 5 oz (12 Fish)
Ethan 25 lb 13 oz (10 Fish)

Biggest fish of the day was Ethans 8 lb 10 oz, (although for mine and Dads league Dad got the point for his 7 lb 7 oz Carp right at the death)

David 4 - 1 Dad

Todays result means I have now taken the lead for the season leading 13 points to 12.

The next match is June 10th unless we fit the midweek match in before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment