Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 October 2020

4th October 2020 - Owsten Ferry (First Lake)

Today was the third from last match of the season and the first since claiming the league title last week. I was now determined to kick on and finish with a huge margin of victory. 

Today's match was at Owsten Ferry and was a 7 hour match. The weather was lovely and quite a shock for this time of year. Would we have a good day or would it be grim like last week?..

Well.... the match was the best of the season in my eyes

From my peg (12) I had a cracking start racing almost THIRTY pound clear by lunchtime bagging six decent Mirror Carp including a season best of 12 lb 8 oz. Big T had just the two carp in the morning, both good fish though.

The afternoon was a complete role reversal. Big T suddenly had momentum and netted six in the afternoon to claw back my lead bit by bit and take the lead only for me to snatch victory by just one pound with only 5 minutes remaining. What a match!!! Both of us getting over 56 lb in October was some achievement

Great venue, great oweners, great match

No comments:

Post a Comment