Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 April 2021

24th April 2021 - Phyllis Lake

Match day 2 of the season 2021 was upon us and another new venue for us to try today

Today's match was in Sheffield at a fishery called Phyllis Lake.

Phyllis Lake is only two years old and was previously an over run hardly fishable lake owned by the Police. 

The two new owners have transformed the place and its now a beautiful fishery with 20 pegs in peaceful surroundings

Today's match was another seven hour match and the first 2 hours saw me catch a tiny skimmer and Big T catch 3 tiny silvers too.

Then........ I had a slow take on the yellow wowser bait I'd just put on. It felt like a foul hooked carp at first as it slowly pulled away then it took off and fast, my arm was starting to ache which is a sign of a good fish... After playing the fish for 10 minutes it became apparent it was a very big fish and after 10 more minutes passed the fished spashed to reveal its distinctive tail.. It was a Sturgeon. The others on the lake shouted the owners who came over with their huge mat and net and as other anglers came over to watch I felt under big pressure to land it. After a total of 40 minutes I finally got the fish on the bank to reveal it was the 31 lb 10 oz Sturgeon that resides in the lake. Wow!!!! A fish of a lifetime

A fish of a lifetime, a pb, my first sturgeon and a 4.1 win.

Brilliant

My hand was shaking 24 hours later!!!

I now lead 8.2 heading into match day 3



No comments:

Post a Comment