Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 September 2020

19th September 2020 - Fourways Fishery (Roadside Lake)

Big T's win last week cut my lead to 22 points but could I clinch the title today. I needed 2.5 pts

The match was at Fourways Fishery but on the small lake (Roadside), a lake we hadn't fished for 3 years.

We expected a match of silver fish and maybe a couple of little stockie carp. How wrong we were ...WHAT A DAY...

I got myself on peg 9 with Dad opting for peg 8 and the match was to be a 6.5 hour session.

The first three hours were insane... for Dad!! he couldn't stop catching and they were not silver fish either. Decent carp after decent carp graced his net as he raced into a 25 lb lead. I struggled to keep up with him even though i caught at regular stages. I then clawed my way back into the match and to within 4 lb of Big T with some very good fish including a 9 lb 15 oz Carp, however Dad raced away again as he continued to net some very good Carp. I had a good second half of the match finishing on a good 59 lb 2 oz for my 12 fish but Dad was on fire today finishing with a season best of 73 lb 5 oz for 16 fish

What a good day even though a bad result for me. Luckily my near double Carp got me 1 point.

4 matches to go and I still need 1.5 pts for the title but after back to back defeats is my bottle going again like last season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment