Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2018

13th October 2018 - The Oaks (Maple Lake)

So, the 2018 season finale was here and although my title was confirmed last week I wanted to end the season with a victory.
A 5-0 win for Dad would mean I would win the league by a single point so it shows how close this league has been.
Would Big T get the 5-0 win or would I extend my 6 point advantage??

Today's match was due to be at Brafferton Fishery on Ghost Lake however after the long drive up there we could not find the fishery.... The Sat Nav took us to a farmers field and with no Fishery sign anywhere and no-one to ask we decided to head to The Oaks instead and fish the Maple Lake.

After quickly setting up and grabbing some Brekkie we started the 6 hour match at 9am.

The first quarter of the match belonged to Big T.
I had a small F1 Carp of 1 lb 4 oz whilst Dad had two bigger ones of over 3 lb.
It was a slow start, not surprising really as it was Mid Oct and Gale force winds sweeping across this snake style lake

The second and third quarter of the match definately belonged to me.
Whilst Dad struggled with two more Carp of between 3 and 4 pound, I managed to net 9 Carp all of a much lighter weight though but combined together gave me a lead of about six pound going into the last quarter

The last quarter of the match saw Dad catch three small Carp and a small Barbel and I caught three Carp too to slightly extend my winning margin.

I finished with 13 fish for 28 lb 12 oz
Dad finished with 8 fish for 21 lb 9 oz
Dads 3 lb 14 oz Carp was the largest of the day

Match result 4-1

So I win the 2018 league by 9 points

Winning ten of the fourteen regular week matches has made me happy however my dysmal showing at Docklow in which Dad won five of the six matches made the overall league very difficult for me to retain my title.
I am very pleased I managed it but it was close.............

Roll on next March / April when we start our tenth season

No comments:

Post a Comment