Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 September 2018

29th September 2018 - Poppleton (Horse Shoe Lake)

Match day 18
Today's match was at Poppleton on the Horse Shoe Lake, a lake we hadn't fished in three years but a place I'd done well at before
I headed into the match with a 5 point lead with only 15 left to play for.
The weather forcast was for pleasant conditions and even a bit of sun
All of the above made me favourite for the match and put Dad under immense pressure.
This season has been the closest in six years and today was vital for us both

We got to the venue just before opening time and once in, we chose to fish pegs 12 (me) and 11 (Dad)
Both of us chose to solely fish the feeder.

The match started and literally two minutes in............ BOOM............ I'd banked a big 9 lb 4 oz Leather Carp. What a start.... Just what I wanted and put Big T under huge pressure.
I couldn't believe it. I was thrilled.
A Bream quickly followed this Carp and whilst Dad looked on in despair I spent the next 90 minutes netting another two Bream. Dad, however wasn't even off the mark.
Surely victory was mine, even at this early stage??

The middle section of the match belonged to Dad as he got into some rhythm bagging himself four Bream and a decent Carp. I only managed two Bream so my lead was cut..

The last couple of hours of the match was basically Dad trying to catch me and it was a good effort. He bagged five Bream, however I caught two Bream myself and a Carp of just over 4 and a half pound

I finished on 23 lb 2 with Dad back on 18 lb 14 oz.
Both of us had 9 fish each
My biggest fish was my 9 lb 4 oz Leather Carp. Dads was his 6 lb 9 oz Mirror Carp

So, a 4.5 v 0.5 victory for me and I head into the final two matches of the season with a 9 point lead.
Dad needs two big victories to overhaul me but I am very close... Nervous match ahead next week for both of us

No comments:

Post a Comment