Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 August 2017

5th August 2017 - Oakmere Lakes - (Course Lake)

So today was the day I could clinch the league title.
The weather forcast was for sun and the venue was Oakmere Fishery at Skipwith on the Course Lake.
I'd fished the water once before at the end of last season and done ok. Its mainly a silver fish venue but there are lots of Carp in the lake too, some very big.
We met at the venue at 6am and after spending 90 minutes setting up we decided to fish 7.30am until 3.30pm.
I set up my trusty method feeder but I also set up the pole, a method I'm starting to enjoy as a secondary approach.
With a 21 point lead and only 25 points available I was relaxed but wasn't taking anything for granted. I did that at Docklow and lost the Docklow Trophy!!
The first hour could not have gone any worse for me. Dad on the pole caught over 20 fish, however all tiddlers and was sat clear on 5 lb, I had not even had so much as a bite. I had been trying large wafters with no luck
Then after three small Bream I hooked a Carp and after a struggle with the fish going into the Lilly Pads I managed to get it netted. It was a Beauty weighing 9 lb 13 oz.
The next hour saw Dad continue to get tiny Roach, Rudd and Bream whilst I got into more Bream and another nice Carp that weighed 6 lb 6 oz.
This gave me a sizeable lead and the remainder of the Morning I continued to catch steadily. More Bream and Crucians being banked.
By Lunchtime my lead was quite large and the afternoon continued in the same vain. Bream, Crucians, Roach, F1's all being netted.
With 2 hours to go Dad banked a nice Carp to get within 8 lb of me but I pulled away again by landing another nice Carp. This one weighed in at 7 lb 7 oz.
I also caught a Brown fan tailed Goldfish too for good measure.
So i ended the session with 39 lb 15 oz (25 fish). Dad had 49 fish for 24 lb 3 oz so a 4-1 victory for me and most importantly the league title.
A great days fishing, three big Carp, lots of smaller fish, a few on the Pole too.
2017 CHAMPION..... Get In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment