Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 July 2017

22nd July 2017 - Fourways Fishery - (Laneside Lake)

Due to Dad having other commitments, today was a session on my own so I headed over to Gunthorpe to fish a favourite lake of mine, the "sort of" Speci' lake at Fourways Fishery called Laneside Lake
The weather was horrendous, rain absolutely belting down so I set up under the roof of the car boot only taking to my peg what i was going to use. I cast in at 8.30am and was due to fish until about 2.30pm or 3pm. I was the only one on the lake and in fact at the venue.
I chose peg 27, a peg I fished once before.
After only 20 minutes my rod bent round and after a struggle the fish I had on had jumped off. Snapped me!! Damnn.
The first half of the session saw me catch 4 carp, all decent sized too, the biggest being 8 lb 5 oz.
My Girlfriend arrived at about 12 to watch for a couple of hours (good job the sun had come out and was very warm) and in those last few hours I netted another two decent carp and lost another 2.
What a day.... 6 good sized carp for a total of nearly 40 lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment