Total Pageviews

Monday 19 March 2018

Tackle Review

Until you start to document things, you don't realise just how much fishing tackle you own and use.

I am one of those Anglers who in all honestly probably carry too much on each session, especially as I rarely divert away from my favourite Method Feeder fishing approach.

I will now go through the items of tackle I own :

I use the Preston Innovations Monster range of Luggage and have the Pole Holdall that I carry my Pole and all my rods etc in, I have the Roller/Roost Bag, Bait Bag, Tackle Bag and also a Preston net bag.

The chair I use is also from the Preston Monster range and have a selection of attachments. I have a feeder arm, brolly arm and two side trays.

I have a total of four landing nets all of the mesh type (two different sizes, 2 in rubber mesh and 2 normal mesh). I have two different Landing net handles too

I have about ten rods with varying lengths and from different manufacturers to give me plenty of variety.

I have two Shimano reels (I always use Shimano for my reels). Contrary to popular opinion I prefer a light rod with a heavy reel so my main reel is quite large. My other reel is smaller which again gives me a different option

I do own a Pole. Its a Margin Pole and for the few times I do use it, its all I need. I have all the Pole accessories too including Roller, Roost, Pole Floats and tools etc

I own a Brolly for those rainy days. Its not an overly expensive one and in all fairness Id prefer a slightly larger one but its fine for me

I have a sling and a set of cheap digital scales as I weigh all my catches

I have a cheap 2 wheel trolly too that I use ocassionally. I carry bungee straps for use with this,

I use Drennan Quick Stop Hooks and carry sizes 12, 14 and 16

I have a variety of Rod Rest Heads and Butts

I use Preston Method Feeders and have a lot in my tackle bag. I have a selection of elasticated and In-Line. Some 15g and some 30g. I obviously have the moulds too

I have a few cage feeders but I rarely use that approach to be honest..

I also have a few waggler floats but again rarely use them

Other items of tackle I have include a torch, catapult, packs of swivels, bread/meat punch, batteries, a pen, a few disgorgers of various sizes, forceps, scissors, lead shots, line clipper, lead weights, bait needles and bait drills, sun lotion and a spare set of glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment