Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 March 2018

Bait Review

Here is a look at the different baits I use:


GROUNDBAIT

The Groundbait I use is Green Swimstim. 
Over the years I have tried many different groundbaits with various levels of success however I always go back to the Green Swimstim. 
Personally it works the best for me regardless of size and style of lake.
I find with the usual mix of water and a little juice from a tin of sweetcorn it makes the perfect mix for sticking on a method feeder.



NON PELLET HOOK BAITS

I often use Sweetcorn and Spam as hookbaits.
Spam is the best meat to use in my opinion. 
The texture is firmer than luncheon meat and stays on the hook longer in my opinion.
I chop it in various sized cubes and then cut the corners off
I do very well when fishing sweetcorn as the hookbait.
I always try and get the Green Giant brand and if possible the salad crisp variant. I find this brand to be by far the best and perfect sized.
I usually put two corns on the hook rather than a single piece.





PELLET HOOKBAITS

Pellets are my favourite and most prolific choice of hookbait. 
Over the years I have tried well over 50 different types of hook pellets and again some with more success than others
The pellets I have settled on are the following :


MARUKYU SOFTIES
These work great for me.
The texture is like paste so can be easily moulded to create the size and shape you want.
They come in two flavours and I use both


MARUKYU JPZ
These are good "go to bait" for me and seem to work when I'm in need of some silvers. I have caught Carp on them too but I tend to use JPZ when I'm targeting the silver fish.
They have a unique feel and texture almost Jelly like.
I tend to use the 10mm versions although the 8mm ones come in "tough" style variants



DYNAMITE MEATY FISH BITES
These are a good bait
The texture is a strange and glugged so a little soft to touch but can be hair rigged easily.
There is a Krill variant but I'm not such a fan of the Krill version


DYNAMITE DURABLE HOOKERS
These are a brand new bait, only just released so I haven't tried them as yet.
The texture is tough and although a little smaller than the bait i usually use, I'm sure at the end of the year I will be a fan.



SONUBAITS PASTE PELLETS
These pellets are my favourite.
Made from paste you can mould them into any shape and size and stay perfectly on the hook.
I tend to mould two together to get the right size for what I want.
They come in 8 flavours and with the exception of "cat food" they all work brilliantly for me



BAG UP BAITS PRE-DRILLED HARD PELLETS
These pellets are fantastic.
Although they are pre-drilled I still need to widen the hole slightly as I use them with quickstops.
They come in over 30 different flavours. Some better than others in my opinion. 
After this coming season I will have constructed my top 10 flavours to use going forward



ROBIN RED PRE DRILLED PELLETS
The pellets are pre-drilled and work very well.


THE SOURCE PRE DRILLED PELLETS
The pellets are pre-drilled and work well


No comments:

Post a Comment