Total Pageviews

Friday 1 June 2018

1st June 2018 - Raker Lakes (Horseshoe Lake)

Today was a spur of the moment session.

I took the opportunity to finish work at 2pm and headed over to Raker Lakes for a pleasure session on my own.

I got to the venue at 2.40pm and chose Peg 9 on Horseshoe Lake.

The weather was hot and the lake was teaming with Carp, some of which were huge, (easily going up to 20 lb in my opinion.) The bad news though, was the nice weather had pushed the Carp to start spawning so were all near the surface splashing around. This session was going to be difficult I thought to myself

I was going to be fishing 3.15pm until 7.15pm so armed with very little tackle I cast in and hoped for Silvers if the Carp weren't going to play

The first hour saw me land five Bream so not a bad start and the second hour just as good as I netted another five Bream in this period. The third hour finally saw me bag two Carp. A nice 3 lb Common and then a lovely 2 lb 8 oz Koi Carp being bagged. I also netted another two Bream in this period. The final hour saw me back amongst the Bream landing three more before I packed up

A cracking four hours for me and lots of action as I finished with 17 fish for 22 lb 4 oz.

It was a shame the Carp were spawning so not feeding but I still enjoyed myself and it beats working a full day :-)

Two matches planned against Dad coming up in the next two weeks on 10th and 15th of June. (Morndyke and Woodlands)

No comments:

Post a Comment